Are domestic helper visa processing timelines affected by the current situation in Hong Kong?
Over the past several weeks, Hong Kong has seen multiple large-scale protests and rising tensions in response to the Extradition Bill. It is unclear when these issues will be resolved and there have been growing concerns from both the local and international community.
However, Hong Kong continues to be largely safe and running-as-normal outside of the protest-related activities. See this article on how to stay updated on happenings.
Both Hong Kong and Philippines authorities continue to process visas normally. Fair Employment Agency and our partner agency continue processing and deploying Filipino workers as usual. Currently, there are no changes to regular timelines and processing has not been affected by the situation in Hong Kong.
We will continue to update this post if there are any changes.
You may also be interested in:
- Contact details of relevant Consular Offices
- Hong Kong Government Departments
- Where should I call in an emergency?
- Are domestic helpers included in the Hong Kong Identity Card (HKID) Replacement Exercise?
- Centre for Health Protection encourages domestic helpers to receive the MMR vaccination
Last updated on August 7th, 2019