Coronavirus updates affecting domestic helpers
Note: This is a developing situation and we are updating these articles as we get more information.
Hiring: Timelines & Regulations to be aware of:
- What should I expect? Domestic helper timelines in the Philippines during COVID-19
- Can domestic helpers process in Hong Kong since it is difficult to travel with COVID-19?
- Visa Extension
- Deferring Home Leave
COVID-19 Testing & Quarantine:
- Where can I get a COVID-19 test in the Philippines?
- What is the quarantine procedure for domestic helpers when they arrive in Hong Kong
- Return to Philippines and Quarantine
- Are employers required to pay a domestic helper’s salary while they are unable to return to work?
Working together during COVID-19: Rest Days, Hygiene Policies:
- Can employers ask domestic helpers to stay in on their day off?
- Reaching out to your agency for support: What are the things I should notify my employment agency about?
Parting Ways & Terminations:
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating today.
Fair Employment Agency is a nonprofit agency. We put a lot of work into producing high quality, accurate and updated information resources because when employers and domestic helpers are informed, they are empowered to make good choices.
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating to support us through Fair Employment Foundation, a registered section 88 charity in Hong Kong, which builds social businesses (like us!) to make migrant recruitment fair to workers & fair to employers.
Click HERE for all donation methods.
Last updated on October 9th, 2020