Coronavirus updates affecting domestic helpers
Note: This is a developing situation and we are updating these articles as we get more information.
Hiring: Timelines & Regulations to be aware of:
- How long does it take? Domestic helper hiring timelines now
- Can domestic helpers process locally in Hong Kong without travelling back home?
- Overseas processing: Delays with OEC issuance
- Overseas processing: Suspension of Flights from the Philippines to Hong Kong
- Visa Extension: Extention of Stay
- Deferring Home Leave
- Relocation: Can a domestic helper move with their employer to come work in Hong Kong directly without going back to the Philippines?
COVID-19 Testing & Quarantine:
- Compulsory COVID-19 Testing of Migrant Domestic Workers What happens if a domestic helper tests positive for COVID-19?
- Where can I get a COVID-19 test in Manila?
- Where can I get a COVID-19 test in Hong Kong
- Quarantine upon arrival in Hong Kong
- Quarantine upon arrival in Manila
- Are employers required to pay a domestic helper’s salary while they are unable to return to work?
- FAQs on the Covid-19 vaccine programme for domestic helpers
- Who pays for a domestic helper’s flights to go home?
Visa Extensions & Home Leave & Contract Terminations
- How can domestic helpers apply for a visitor visa after their last working date?
- How can domestic helpers extend their contracts with the same employer for 1-3 months?
- Key points to consider upon termination of contract
- Special notes on termination while coronavirus restrictions are in place
- FAQs on the Covid-19 vaccine programme for domestic helpers (HONG KONG)
- Can domestic helpers get vaccines in the Philippines before coming to Hong Kong?
Working together during COVID-19: Rest Days, Hygiene Policies:
- Can employers ask domestic helpers to stay in on their day off?
- Reaching out to your agency for support: What are the things I should notify my employment agency about?
- How can I avoid fake news?
We do our best to keep our articles up-to-date. Please double-check with the relevant organisations directly for the latest.
You may also like:
- Quick guide for Employers of Domestic Helpers
- Signup for the Fair Bulletin: Monthly newsletter from Fair Agency
- Follow us on: Facebook and Instagram
Ready to get hiring? View Services
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating today.
Fair Employment Agency is a nonprofit agency. We put a lot of work into producing high quality, accurate and updated information resources because when employers and domestic helpers are informed, they are empowered to make good choices.
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating to support us through Fair Employment Foundation, a registered section 88 charity in Hong Kong, which builds social businesses (like us!) to make migrant recruitment fair to workers & fair to employers.
Click HERE for all donation methods.
Last updated on May 7th, 2021