How is the coronavirus affecting domestic helpers?
Note: This is a developing situation and we are updating these articles as we get more information.
- Starting the hiring process right now? See service updates at Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO): HERE.
- Special Notes for Terminations at this time: Due to the special circumstances of this time, we have written up HERE
- Workers should also read about financial assistance from the Overseas Worker Welfare Administration (OWWA) for OFWs affected by COVID-19: HERE.
- Can employers ask domestic helpers to stay in on their day off?: HERE
- Are employers required to pay a domestic helper’s salary while they are unable to return to work?: HERE
- How to extend contract/ visa/ stay in Hong Kong: HERE
- Community-quarantine in the Philippines. Read how it is affecting transportation, workplaces, and operations: HERE.
- Return to Philippines and Quarantine: Read more: HERE.
- Arrival in Hong Kong and Quarantine: Domestic helpers who arrive in Hong Kong will be required to go through quarantine: HERE
- Reaching out to your agency for support: What are the things I should notify my employment agency about?: HERE
- Be careful about misinformation and fake news: here.
- Are there any resources on household hygiene for domestic helpers to use? HERE
You may also like
- What is the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC)?
- What is the Medical Certificate and why are domestic helpers required to get it?
- What are the things I should notify my employment agency about?
- Quick Guide for Employer
- Information on hiring a local part-time domestic helper
- Key points to consider upon the termination of contract
Last updated on May 27th, 2020