Coronavirus updates affecting domestic helpers
Note: This is a developing situation and we are updating these articles as we get more information.
Hiring: Timelines & Regulations to be aware of:
- What should I expect? Domestic helper timelines in the Philippines during COVID-19
- Can domestic helpers process locally in Hong Kong without travelling back home?
- Overseas processing: Delays with OEC issuance
- Visa Extension: Extention of Stay
- Deferring Home Leave
- Relocation: Can a domestic helper move with their employer to come work in Hong Kong directly without going back to the Philippines?
COVID-19 Testing & Quarantine:
- Where can I get a COVID-19 test in Manila?
- Where can I get a COVID-19 test in Hong Kong
- Quarantine upon arrival in Hong Kong
- Quarantine upon arrival in Manila
- Are employers required to pay a domestic helper’s salary while they are unable to return to work?
- Who pays for a domestic helper’s flights to go home?
Working together during COVID-19: Rest Days, Hygiene Policies:
- Can employers ask domestic helpers to stay in on their day off?
- Reaching out to your agency for support: What are the things I should notify my employment agency about?
- How can I avoid fake news?
Parting Ways & Terminations:
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating today.
Fair Employment Agency is a nonprofit agency. We put a lot of work into producing high quality, accurate and updated information resources because when employers and domestic helpers are informed, they are empowered to make good choices.
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating to support us through Fair Employment Foundation, a registered section 88 charity in Hong Kong, which builds social businesses (like us!) to make migrant recruitment fair to workers & fair to employers.
Click HERE for all donation methods.
Last updated on January 5th, 2021