Where can I get a COVID-19 test in Hong Kong?
Here are free options provided by the HK Government that domestic helpers can get tested for COVID-19.
- From December 1 to December 24, the Government will provide free COVID-19 testing service for domestic helpers whose previous employment contracts had expired or had been terminated and who were waiting to join the new employers’ family. To avail of this testing, collect and return specimen collection packs at the site at Wan Chai Sports Ground (near Gate 1), 20 Tonnochy Road, Wan Chai. No prior appointment is required. The temporary distribution/collection point will be open from 11am to 4pm from Monday to Saturday. The last day for distributing specimen collection packs falls on December 23, and the last day for returning the specimens is December 24. Read more: HERE
- Collect a “deep throat saliva specimen collection pack” from designated government General Outpatient Clinics. See time slots for collecting the pack and submitting the specimen here: ENG CHI
- By referral/instruction of a government hospital medical professional, domestic helpers can undergo testing at any healthcare facilities of the Hospital Authority.
Other COVID-19 Tests in Hong Kong:
To ensure the health and safety of both employers and workers, early testing and detection of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is extremely important. Appropriate diagnosis and medical test are highly recommended at the earliest possible time. Apart from the accident and emergency departments of public hospitals and general out-patient clinics (GOPCs), you may also visit private clinics and hospitals.
Download Fair Agency’s Free Guide on COVID-19 Testing in Hong Kong
We’ve put together information on COVID-19 testing in Hong Kong at public hospitals, general out-patient clinics (GOPCs), and private clinics and hospitals. You can find contact details, price, procedural information, and appointment booking details in our guide.
Please keep in mind this guide is for reference only and details may not be up-to-date. Please contact the institution directly.
- COVID-19 Tests in Hong Kong (ENG)
- COVID-19 Tests in Hong Kong (ZH)
- Additional testing options, check out the Private Covid Tests in HK tab in the HK Quarantine Support Group on Facebook
You may also like:
- COVID-19 updates affecting domestic helpers & employers
- What does domestic helper hiring look like now with the impact of COVID-19?
Last updated on December 1st, 2020