What Labour Department guides are there for domestic helper employment?
Here are materials by the Hong Kong Labour Department and other government departments on the rights and obligations of employers and domestic helpers.
- 2717 1771
- 2157 9537 (Dedicated hotline for foreign domestic helpers)
For both Domestic Helpers & Employers
- Foreign domestic helpers’ rights and protection under the Employment Ordinance: Chinese |English | Tagalog
- Important notes for foreign domestic helpers and their employers when using the service of employment agencies in Hong Kong: Chinese |English | Tagalog |
- The Do’s and Don’ts” leaflet for foreign domestic helpers, employers and employment agencies: Chinese | English | Tagalog
- Important Information for Employers and Employees on Compensation for Work Injuries and Occupational Diseases: Chinese | English | Tagalog
- Safety requirements for cleaning outward-facing windows: Chinese | English | Tagalog
For Domestic Helpers:
- Be Prepared for Employment in Hong Kong – A Handbook for Foreign Domestic Helpers: English (other language versions are coming soon)
- Carefully select your Employment Agencies – Beware of employment traps: Chinese | English | Tagalog
- Leaflet on integrated family services: Chinese | English | Tagalog
- Leaflet on the crisis intervention and support services by Tung Wah Group of Hospitals CEASE Crisis Centre: English | Tagalog
- Points to note for employers on the employment of foreign domestic helpers: Chinese | English
- Tips for Employers of Foreign Domestic Helpers – The responsibilities of taking out employees’ compensation insurance and providing free medical treatment: Chinese | English
- Underpaying foreign domestic helpers is a serious offence: Chinese | English
You may also like:
- Quick guide for Employers of Domestic Helpers
- Signup for the Fair Bulletin: Monthly newsletter from Fair Agency
- Follow us on: Facebook and Instagram
Ready to get hiring? View Pricing
or are you a domestic helper looking for a new employer? Apply with us
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating today.
Fair Employment Agency is a nonprofit agency. We put a lot of work into producing high quality, accurate and updated information resources because when employers and domestic helpers are informed, they are empowered to make good choices.
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating to support us through Fair Employment Foundation, a registered section 88 charity in Hong Kong, which builds social businesses (like us!) to make migrant recruitment fair to workers & fair to employers.
Click HERE for all donation methods.
Last updated on August 31st, 2021