OWWA Financial assistance to Filipino domestic helpers affected by COVID-19
The Philippine Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) recently announced that local and overseas workers whose employment has been affected by COVID-19 will be provided government assistance. Overseas workers who are eligible for this assistance will receive financial assistance of ten thousand pesos. See announcement: HERE. Enquiries and applications will need to be made at the Overseas Worker Welfare Administration (OWWA) office in the Philippines. This application form must be filled in, HERE.
We advise domestic helpers who had their contracts terminated during this time to make sure to get a copy of all their termination documents, so they can also present these to OWWA along with the application form. Please read our guide on termination documents and entitlements: HERE, and also there are special considerations we encourage employers to take during this time: HERE.
Before leaving Hong Kong, contact the OWWA office in Hong Kong to inquire about the assistance to workers affected by COVID-19. After arriving in the Philippines, contact the local OWWA office to present your documents and receive assistance if you qualify.
OWWA Hong Kong
- Address: A16/F YF Life Tower, 33 Lockhart Road Wanchai
- Tel: 3483 0600
- Emergency Hotline: 6345 9324
- Website: http://www.owwa.gov.ph/
- Facebook: OWWA Hong Kong
- Hotline in Manila at 1348.
- NAIA OWWA Counters – Terminal 1: 09275781306; Terminal 2: 09954825372; Terminal 3: 09275781308;
- OWWA Repatriation Assistance Division. (02) 88917601
You may also like:
- How is the coronavirus affecting domestic helpers?
- Special notes on termination while coronavirus restrictions are in place
- Contact details of relevant Consular Offices
- Employment Help and Legal Advice – Contact Information
Last updated on August 3rd, 2020