Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Philippines?
Where can I find laboratories that provide COVID-19 testing in the Philippines?
This is the official list of testing centres by the Philippine Health Facilities and Services Regulatory Bureau: HERE
If you are flying Philippine Airlines, you may consider this option:
- Effective November 11, 2020, there will be COVID-19 RT-PCR testing at the Philippine Airlines Learning Center (PLC) located at 540 Padre Faura cor. Adriatico St. Ermita, Manila. The testing will be provided by Department of Health-accredited laboratory partner Detoxicare Molecular Diagnostics. It will be available for drive-thru or walk-in from 8AM to 5PM daily at a cost of PHP4,500. Results are released within 24 hours.
- Payment options are: cash (PHP currency only), card (debit/credit), GCash, PayPAL, WeChatPay, or Alipay.
To avail of testing at the PAL Learning Center, click the link: https://bit.ly/PALTestFacility.
What is the availability and costs of a swab test?
The Fair Agency team inquired at several of the listed laboratories and found:
- The test results take about 3-5 days.
- The cost ranges from 6,000 to 9,300 PHP. We see that the costs of these tests may rise over time.
- Many testing laboratories require appointments in advance.
- We found that public testing laboratories have often over-booked or over-capacity.
What are the requirements for domestic helpers travelling to Hong Kong?
Domestic helpers may be required to take a rapid COVID-19 test before they leave the Philippines for Hong Kong.
You may also like:
- COVID-19 updates affecting domestic helpers & employers
- What does domestic helper hiring look like now with the impact of COVID-19?
- Can domestic helpers process locally, in light of COVID-19 travel challenges?
- Quick guide for Employers of Domestic Helpers
- Signup for the Fair Bulletin: Monthly newsletter from Fair Agency
- Follow us on: Facebook and Instagram
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating today.
Fair Employment Agency is a nonprofit agency. We put a lot of work into producing high quality, accurate and updated information resources because when employers and domestic helpers are informed, they are empowered to make good choices.
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating to support us through Fair Employment Foundation, a registered section 88 charity in Hong Kong, which builds social businesses (like us!) to make migrant recruitment fair to workers & fair to employers.
- Click HERE for all donation methods.
Last updated on January 26th, 2021